Living and Learning with Animals
Living and Learning with Animals (LLA) is a seminar focused on the fundamental principles of learning and behavior, and the behavior change technology known as applied behavior analysis.
All animals change their behavior due to experience, i.e., they learn, which gives this course trans-species, and interdisciplinary relevance to all professionals working with behavior.
Topics are presented with slides and illustrative videos and include the following:
- How Behavior Works: Understanding and Misunderstanding Behavior
- The Significance of Science to Behavior Consulting
- Respondent and Operant Learning
- Functional Assessment
- The Commitment to Ethical Practice
- The Case for Empowerment
- Procedures for Changing Respondent Behavior
- Procedures for Changing Operant Behavior
- Designing Behavior Change Plans.
As a result of attending this seminar, participants will be better able to teach learners effectively and humanely.
1187 Coast Village Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93108