Contemporary Animal Training and Management
An intensive workshop designed for Professional Zoo Keepers, Trainers, and Wildlife Educators
- Knowledge: Scientific principles and training technology of Operant Learning
- Practice: Guided hands-on training with a variety of different species of birds and experienced animal training mentors
- Programming: Innovative educational programming from design through presentation
- Community: Strategies for improving staff communication, team performance, and team building
- Mastery: Limited class size for personal attention in a comprehensive learning environment
NEI Training Facility in Florida:
Attending a workshop at the NEI training facility is the best way to learn the art and science of animal training. This 34-acre facility is home to over 80 species of animals, almost all of which are available for training in our workshops. Free of normal daily duties, attendees can concentrate on learning the technology and skills required to perform at the professional level. Each attendee receives personalized attention from our staff of experts, as well as note guides and workbooks that they can take home to share with their co-workers.
127 Conservation Way
Winter Haven, FL 33884
In 1976 Steve Martin’s animal training career began with the training of free-flight Birds for a show at the San Diego Wild Animal park. Since then he has become one of the best-known bird trainers in the world.
Dr. Susan Friedman is a psychology professor at Utah State University who has pioneered the application of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) to captive and companion animals.