Doing the Best for the Dogs in Our Care
"Doing the Best for the Dogs in Our Care" is a day of theory presentation aimed at raising knowledge among volunteers and shelters staff to increase the chances of dogs finding their new forever happy home.
The organizer, Dogs Trust, is the largest dog welfare charity in the UK. They are committed to increasing behaviour and training knowledge and developing best practice amongst staff both within their own centres and the wider community.
The agenda is as follows, all items will be delivered by a member of Dogs Trust staff:
- Behavioural assessment in dogs- Jenna Kiddie
- The interaction between physical health and behaviour- Helen Zulch
- The principles of designing a behaviour modification programme- Steve Goward
- Incorporating training dogs into day to day management- Alasdair Bunyan
- Frustration in shelter dogs- Heather Wren
- Optimising the physical environment- Steve Goward
The Wroxeter Hotel
Heather is a Senior Training and Behaviour Advisor for Dogs Trust.
Steve started as a volunteer at Dogs Trust in Shrewsbury, Shropshire back in 2000 whilst studying animal welfare.
Jenna manages the central behaviour team of Dog Trust
Works for Dog Trust where he is Senior Training and Behaviour Adviser
Dr. Helen Zulch is a veterinarian and European Specialist in Veterinary Behavioural Medicine.